If you’re experiencing a medical emergency, call 911.

If you need assistance but aren’t sure what kind, call 211. Tell the receptionist what kind of help you are looking for, and he/she will help make the connection.

See below for a comprehensive list of resources, and do not hesitate to call us at 503-226-7079 if you can’t find what you’re looking for.

For a printable list of local resources, click here.

Resource Databases | Rental and Utility AssistanceHousing | Food | Mental Health | Older Adults | Disability Support ServicesAddiction | Domestic Violence | LGBTQ+ | Immigration | Transportation | Dental |General Wellness | Portland-area Congregations | Portland-area Jewish organizations

Resource Databases

211info is a comprehensive support hub for referrals to food, shelter, housing, foreclosure assistance, health care, and much more. Calls are confidential, anonymous and free.

Aging and Disability Resources Connection
Local information for seniors and people with disabilities.

One Oregon
One Oregon – Individuals in Oregon can now apply for all services online in one place including food (SNAP), cash (TANF), childcare (ERDC), and medical. A single application, in either English or Spanish, visit

Donation Locations
Resource for those looking to donate items in the Portland area.


Rental and Utility Assistance

Oregon Emergency Rental Assistance Program
The Oregon Emergency Rental Assistance Program helps eligible low-income households with their past due rent and utilities.

Self-enhancement Inc.
Self-Enhancement Inc. provides energy assistance to qualifying Multnomah County residents.

Impact NW
Energy Assistance: (503) 294-7444
Housing & Rent Assistance: (503) 721-1740
Impact NW provides Energy and Rent assistance.

St Vincent de Paul
Rent/Utility Hotline: (503) 235-8431 (press “2”)
St Vincent de Paul provides financial assistance for rent and utilities, transportation in the form of bus tickets, and emergency food boxes.

Oregon Lifeline
Discounts for qualifying low-income households on phone or internet. If you receive SNAP, SSI, Medicaid, federal housing assistance, or certain other forms of assistance you may be eligible. Call 1-800-848-4442 or visit the website

NAYA’s Energy Assistance program serves all people living in Multnomah Coutny who qualify for low-income energy assistance. You can make a phone appointment with an energy assistance specialist via the form on their webpage.

Project 10 Million is a new program that will provide free 100GB of data for 5 years and a free mobile hotspot to families with a student enrolled in the National School Lunch Program.


Housing Resources

Call 211 or (866) 698-6155 or email
211 provides coordinated entry, a process developed to ensure all people experiencing a housing crisis have fair and equal access to housing resources. The provide assessment services for homeless families in Multnomah County.

Oregon Emergency Rental Assistance Program
The Oregon Emergency Rental Assistance Program helps eligible low-income households with their past due rent and utilities.

Housing resources for Portland and all of Oregon.

Human Solutions
(503) 548-0200
Human Solutions supports families in finding permanent, affordable housing.

Housing wait-lists are currently closed, but you can sign up for the eNewsletter to be informed when wait-lists open again.
(503) 802-8300

Northwest Pilot Project
(503) 227-5605
NW Pilot Project helps connect low-income and very low-income seniors (55 and over) to permanent, affordable housing.

Homeless Shelter Directory

Portland Shelter List

Food Resources

Oregon Food Bank Food Finder
The Oregon Food Bank’s Food Finder map shows food pantries and pick-up locations across Oregon

Sunshine Division
(503) 823-2102
Sunshine Division’s food pantries have temporarily moved to providing emergency food boxes, available for pick-up or delivery. There are two locations in Portland, on N Thompson St and SE Start St. Please see the website for each location’s hours or to request delivery.

Clackamas Service Center Food Box Delivery
Free food box deliveries are available to the following zip codes: 97015, 97027, 97045, 97086, 97202, 97206, 97214, 97215, 97216, 97222, 97266, and 97267. To request a free grocery delivery, use their online form or call (503) 771-7914 between 9am and 5pm Monday-Friday. If no one answers, leave a voicemail with your name and phone number.


Mental Health Services

Mental Health Crisis Lines (24/7):
Multnomah County Crisis Line: (503) 988-4888
Washington County Crisis Line: (503) 291-9111
Clackamas County Crisis Line: (503) 655-8585
Clackamas County Non-emergency line: (503) 742-5335
SW Washington Crisis Line: (800) 626-8137 or TTY (866) 835-2755

Jewish Family and Child Service
(503) 226-7079
JFCS offers mental health services for adults. JFCS clinicians take insurance as well as see clients on a sliding scale.

Cascadia Behavioral Health
Make an appointment or referral: (503) 674-7777
Multiple locations across Portland
Cascadia provides mental health services for adults, families, and children.

Lifeworks NW
For more information or to schedule an appointment: call (503) 645-9010 or email
Multiple locations across Multnomah, Clackamas, and Washington counties.
Lifeworks NW provides mental health services for adults, families, and children.

Unity Center for Behavioral Health
Access Information and Referral Team at 503-944-8009
Unity provides 24-hour behavioral health and mental health services to the greater Portland Metro area. They provide immediate psychiatric care, crisis stabilization and intervention, family and peer support, and more.

NAMI Oregon Helpline
Call (503) 230-8009 or (800) 343-6264, or email
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) – NAMI’s Oregon Helpline provides callers with mental health resources and information across the state.

Suicide Prevention Resource Center
SPRC has compiled a selection of web pages and information sheets on mental health and coping with the effects of COVID-19.
This link takes you there.

Reach Out Oregon
Reach Out Oregon is an initiative to support mental, behavioral, and emotional wellness for families and youth.

Mental Health Support for Children, Teens, and Families

Albertina Kerr
Access Services: (503) 408-4705
Albertina Kerr provides mental health services for children, teens, and their families, including short-term crisis stabilization, as well as clinic- and community-based outpatient care.

Morrison Child & Family Services
Central Intake: (503) 258-4381
Morrison Child & Family Services provide a comprehensive continuum of mental health, substance abuse and prevention and education services for youth, from birth through age 21.

Outside In
Call (503) 535-3800 or email
Outside In’s young adult services provide support to youth and young adults age 16-24 with an emphasis on those experiencing homelessness. Their services include housing, education, counseling, healthy meals, health care, and more.

Youthline is a teen-to-teen crisis, support, and help line open daily from 4 to 10 p.m. PST via call, text, and chat. Adults answer phone calls at all other times, so teens have support 24/7. Call 877-968-8491. Text teen2teen to 839863. Chat at

The Dougy Center
The Dougy center has grief resources and support programs for children and families experiencing a loss.

Older Adults

Multnomah County Aging and Disability Resource Connection
(503) 988-3646
Multnomah County ADRC provides 24-hour information and assistance to older adults, people with disabilities, and caregivers. The ADRC can assist with enrolling in government programs, investigating possible abuse, locating adult care homes, and more.

Clackamas County Aging and Disability Resource Connection
(503) 650-5622
Clackamas County ADRC provides information and resources about long-term supports and services in the community, including information about in-home care, long-term, care planning, arranging home delivered meals, and more.

Washington County Disability, Aging and Veterans Services
(855) 673-2372
Washington County DAVS provides programs and services to maintain and enhance the quality of life to assure that basic needs are met for Washington County seniors, veterans and people with disabilities.

Clark County: Area Agency on Aging and Disabilities of Southwest Washington
Vancouver: (888) 637-6060
Kelso: (800) 682-2406
The Area Agency on Aging and Disabilities provides information and assistance, support to family caregivers, health and wellness education, and more.

Oregon Care Partners
Oregon Care Partners provides education for family and professional caregivers.

Office of the Long-Term Care Ombudsman (Oregon)
The mission of this agency is to protect individual rights, promote independence, and ensure quality of life for Oregonians living in long-term care and residential facilities and for Oregonians with decisional lmitations.

Senior Loneliness Line
With senior living communities and the public trying to limit exposure to COVID-19, many seniors may be feeling more isolated than usual. Call the statewide line at 503-200-1633 or visit
Research-based guides and resources on assisted living. 

Disability Support Services


Meals on Wheels: home delivered meals
Multnomah and Washington County 503 736-6326
Clackamas County  503 655-8640 

Portland Only, Grocery, Household and Med. Delivery,  Fee is 10% of the cost of your bill.
Store to Door Oregon 503 200-3333
Oregon Food Bank  503 282-0555
SNAP (Food Benefits)  503 945-5600


Ride connection:
Washington & Multnomah County  503 226-0700

Transportation Reaching People
Clackamas County 503 655-8208

Health Share of Oregon Recipients:
Ride to Care 855 321-4899

Trimet Lift, Washington, Clackamas & Multnomah County  503 962-8000
Door to Door Service, $5 round trip. Call to apply and determine eligibility


Vocational Rehabilitation
971 673-2555(Central office)
971 6735858 (East Office)

SE Works
77916 SE Foster
503 772-2300
Employment Assistance

Mental Health Support:

Cascadia Behavioral Health
503 674-7777 (Intake Line)

Lifeworks NW
503 645-9010

Pacific Psychology Clinic
503 352-2400 (Portland)
503 353-7333 (Hillsboro)

Western Psychological and Counseling
Counseling, Medication Management, etc.
Accepts OHP/Medicare


Legal Aid  Services of Oregon,  Portland Office
503 224-4086

Adult Protective Services:  

To report or get help for neglect or abuse including physical, verbal, emotional ,sexual or financial

Mental Health Crisis:  Free 24/7 support
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline  1-800-273-8255


Addiction Resources

Multnomah County Behavioral Health – Addiction Treatment
(503) 988-4888
Multnomah County Behavioral Health provides addiction treatment for youth and adults, as well as detoxification.

Portland Area Intergroup of Alcoholics Anonymous
24-hour Portland AA Hotline: (503) 223-8569
Portland area Alcoholics Anonymous groups, both in-person and online.

Portland Area Narcotics Anonymous
Portland NA Hotline: (503) 345-9839
Portland area Narcotics Anonymous groups, both in-person and online.

Lines for Life Alcohol & Drug Helpline
(800) 923-4357
The 24-hour support line serves anyone who needs information, support, or access to resources and treatment for alcohol or drug use.

Alcoholics Anonymous
An online option for AA groups is: 
For early morning AA folks, you can find 6am virtual meetings at:

Choosing the Best Inpatient Suicidal Thoughts and Addiction Recovery Center

Domestic Violence

If you or someone you know needs help or just want to talk with someone, all of these sites below are available. Each offer chat and text options as well, which can be crucial if the abusive person is in the home and the survivor might be overheard, especially right now.

Call to Safety
24/7 Crisis Line: (888) 235-5333 or (503) 235-5333
Call to Safety (formerly Portland Women’s Crisis Line) provides a 24/7 crisis line, follow-up advocacy, in-person medical advocacy, and support groups.

Gateway Center
(not accepting walk-ins at this time due to the pandemic)
(503) 988-6400
Provides one-on-one support with experienced advocates who help individuals develop a personal plan and connect with other services.

Volunteer of America Oregon Home Free 
Emergency Services Crisis Hotline: (503) 771-5503 (9am-5pm M-F)
Restraining Order Services : (503) 802-0506 (8am-2pm M-F)

Oregon Crime Victims Law Center: Legal representation
Provides free legal services to crime victims in a criminal proceedings (including post-conviction) for issues relating to crime victims’ rights.

The National Domestic Violence Hotline

The Child Abuse Hotline

The Sexual Assault Hotline


Q Center
The Q Center provides a variety of services for the LGBTQ+ community, including addiction and mental health support programs and services for veterans, youth, and seniors.
Call (503) 234-7837 or email

SAGE Metro Portland
To contact an Information and Referral Specialist: (503) 224-2640
Sage works to enhance the lives of older lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community members through education, advocacy, outreach, and resource development.

Immigration Services

Immigrant and Refugee Community Organization (IRCO)
Call (503) 234-1541 or email
IRCO provides employment and training, immigration legal services, and services for children, youth, families, and seniors.

SOAR Immigration Legal Services
Call (503) 384-2482 or email
Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon’s SOAR Immigration Legal Services provides culturally competent, immigration-related legal representation and education to low income refugees and immigrants in and around the Portland metro area.

Transportation Resources

(503) 962-8000
Trimet LIFT provides shared-ride services for people who are unable to use regular buses and trains due to a disability or disabling health condition.

Ride Connection
(503) 226-0700 TTY: 711
Ride Connection serves older adults and people with disabilities. They provide transportation support services to people in the Portland metro region and Washington County.


Dental Clinics
Free urgent dental services! View the schedule here.

General Wellness

Jewish Federation – Wellness PDX
Wellness PDX, created by the Jewish Federation of Greater Portland shares resources and virtual events connected to mental health and wellness.

Jewish Together – Curated Resources for the Self
Resources to help keep you in mental, emotional and spiritual health during this time.

Next Generations Group
Serving descendants and survivors in the Portland Metro area with educational and social programs. Visit their website to find out more, or contact Sue Wendel at for questions or if you’d like to be added to their monthly newsletter.

Youth ERA 
Youth ERA offers several ways for youth and young adults to meet online, get support, and talk through life. Visit their website here.

Portland-area Congregations

Ahavath Achim
Beit Haverim (South Metro Jewish Congregation)
Chabad of Hillsboro
Congregation Beit Yosef
Congregation Beth Israel
Congregation Kesser Israel
Congregation Kol Ami (Vancouver)
Congregation Neveh Shalom
Congregation Shaarie Torah
Congregation Shir Tikvah
Havurah Shalom
Kol Shalom, Community for Humanistic Judaism 
P’nai Or of Portland


Portland-area Jewish Organizations

Oregon Jewish Life 2022 Resource Guide
A guide to the Jewish communities of Oregon and Southwest Washington. Read it here.

Health and Aging

Cedar Sinai Park and Robison Health Center
Rose Schnitzer Manor

Youth-Centered and Schools

B’nai B’rith Camp
Maayan Torah Day School
Maimonides Jewish Day School
Oregon NCSY
The PJ Library
Portland Jewish Academy
United Synagogue Youth – Portland Rishonim

Community and Continuing Education

Chabad of Oregon
Hadassah – Portland Chapter
Institute for Judaic Studies
Jewish Federation of Greater Portland
Jewish Genealogical Society of Oregon
Mittleman Jewish Community Center
Moishe House Portland
Oregon Jewish Life
Oregon Jewish Community Foundation
Oregon Jewish Museum & Center for Holocaust Education
Portland Kollel
Portland State University, Harold Schnitzer Family Program in Judaic Studies
Rachel’s Well Community Mikvah
University of Oregon, Harold Schnitzer Family Program in Judaic Studies

Community Events

For additional resources and information, please contact the Jewish Federation of Greater Portland at 503-245-6219 or visit

Font Resize